Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Scarecrow Song

Once I saw an angel caught in a web of confusion
I used my wisdom scissors to cut her free.
She flew down to me and whispered her confession,
and now I'm stuck in the web she left for me.

A man walked by I could tell he had no eyesight,
the blind man turned and said "I could see just fine".
"I'll cut you down from your troubles only after midnight,
but to do it for free well it would be a crime."

Seasons pass and hungers grow as is certain,
the sun never ever shares it's light with me.
I was sentenced here by kindness and deserted,
by the very same angel I helped set free.

Then one night I heard her voice through the darkness,
she heard me singing about my woes.
"I'll help you if I find you through this emptyness,
but I can't see you for my eyes are closed."

She called me an angel as she clawed through the darkest night,
to find a burning arrow to light the sky.
She had no scissors and so hope was a dwindled light,
but she continued until her hand found mine.

"Angel will you tell me how all of this came to be?"
"Miss I'm no angel just a lonely scarecrow."
She said nothing as she pointed to my back leading me
to see two giant wings and a glowing halo.

So now we sit as stone statues of antiquity,
an angel holding hands with a scarecrow with wings.
Forever forgotten forsaken by those who can't see,
forever forsaken as they never will believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment